Wentworth Plumbing offers several services to our industrial clients in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, and surrounding areas, including the installation and maintenance of submersible industrial sewage pumps.
Since these pumps are available in various sizes and power levels, it is best to have an experienced industrial plumber evaluate your facility and recommend the right pump for your operations.
What are submersible pumps?
Submersible pumps are pumps that have been designed to work while they are fully submerged under water. These pumps are frequently used for wastewater and sewage treatment but have many other applications as well.
Choosing the right pump for your industrial facility is extremely important. When the wrong pump is chosen, it can cost much more to run than it should due to the reduced pumping efficiency.
What to look for in a submersible pump
When you are comparing various industrial submersible pumps, there are five main things that you will want to consider.
- Choose a pump that includes a seal failure device. This will help to protect against motor failure and could save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
- Choose a pump that has a double-sheathed cable. This will provide you with a higher level of health and safety which should always be a top priority when working in an industrial setting.
- In an industrial setting, you will need a pump that can withstand steady use and resist wear and tear. Look for a pump with thick section parts or high chrome on wear plates and impellers to help protect against friction.
- Consider the specific requirements that you will have for the pump. For example, if you require a pump that keeps solids suspended, you should choose a pump with a built-in agitator. If you require a pump that can handle small stones and sand, then you should choose a heavier-duty pump.
- Don’t overdo it on bells and whistles. It is best to choose a pump with a fairly simple design because it will be easier to repair and service. As long as your submersible pump can do everything you need, you don’t need to opt for excess features.
Why choose Wentworth Plumbing?
There are many great plumbers that perform excellent work in your home, but industrial plumbing is a very specialized area of the field. Not every plumbing company can offer services needed for industrial companies.
At Wentworth Plumbing, we offer industrial plumbing services in Hamilton, Burlington, Mississauga, Oakville and the surrounding area. If you require industrial plumbing services, contact us today.