Wentworth Plumbing prides itself on offering a full range of industrial plumbing services throughout Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, and Hamilton, including the installation and maintenance of booster pumps.
Booster pumps are available in various sizes and power levels, so it is important to work with an experienced industrial plumber who can assess your needs and recommend the best booster pump for your facility.
What is a booster pump?
When pumping liquid through your facility, if your primary pump is not strong enough to take the liquid all the way through the pipes to its final destination, you can have one or more booster pumps installed at various intervals. Low water pressure may slow your operations, so a booster pump may be the ideal solution.
Things to consider when selecting an industrial booster pump
When you are comparing various industrial booster pumps, there are a few things that you will want to consider:
- Maximum flowrate – this is the highest amount of volume that can flow through the pump.
- Maximum pressure boost – this is the highest level of pressure that the pump can exert. This will either be measured in pounds per square inch (psi) or as feet head (ft).
- Horsepower – this is the power output of the pump.
- Power rating – this is the power required to operate the booster pump. Power may be measured in horsepower (hp) or Watts (W). If using an electric booster pump, some manufacturers will also specify the voltage (V) and current (in amps).
Booster pump features
When choosing an industrial booster pump, there are also some features to choose from:
- Adjustable or variable speed – these pumps may be operated at different speeds, which is important if your operations require adjustments to the flow for certain conditions.
- Continuous duty – these hard-working pumps can run continuously without excessive wear and tear.
- Multi-stage – these pumps move fluid through successive chambers in various stages of pressurization, which allows for higher pressure levels than single-stage pumps.
- Self-priming – These pumps can maintain enough pressure to draw in liquid without being primed from an external source.
Why choose Wentworth Plumbing?
If you require a plumbing company for work in your industrial facility, it is important to work with a company specializing in this area. At Wentworth plumbing, we offer installation and maintenance of booster pumps and other industrial services throughout Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and the surrounding area. Contact us today to learn how we can help your company.